Sonic Flare

Sonic Flare, Forum and Roleplay extraordinary, goes the extra mile at the speed of sound to bring you crisp and fresh content and contact from fans around the world.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

A close encounter of a Normal Day...or Something. I dunno

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Skylar Ferrix
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A close encounter of a Normal Day...or Something. I dunno   Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:50 pm

Grabbing a soda himself, he closed the compartments and sat down in the loader's seat. "What brings ya' out this way?"

PostSubject: Re: A close encounter of a Normal Day...or Something. I dunno   Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:31 am

He shrugged, brushing his hair back to its spiky form "Trying to escape the city noise... trying to relax and such....you?"

Admin

PostSubject: Re: A close encounter of a Normal Day...or Something. I dunno   Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:46 pm

"Well, the plan was just to take this guy for a joyride." he said while tapping a knuckle against an interior wall. "Been working on it back home for a while now, but apparently not long enough..."

PostSubject: Re: A close encounter of a Normal Day...or Something. I dunno   Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:08 pm

"Ooh, yeah... Well not everyone gets it on their first try, I suppose..."

Admin

PostSubject: Re: A close encounter of a Normal Day...or Something. I dunno   Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:09 am

"I guess you're right." He took a few sips of his beverage then reached through the turret basket and began tinkering with the fuel pump. "Ick, diesel rigs are so messy."

PostSubject: Re: A close encounter of a Normal Day...or Something. I dunno   Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:55 am

"I heard they were. That's why I'm trained for the gasoline vehicles. They're a bit less messy and a bit easier to fix. Diesel...was more of my father's line of work..."

Admin

PostSubject: Re: A close encounter of a Normal Day...or Something. I dunno   Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:14 am

"My father was a mechanic, too. A combat engineer, to be precise...He showed me a few things when I was younger, but obviously I wasn't paying attention..."

He cleared his throat and continued. "I wish this was a gasoline vehicle sometimes...but then I remember the stories my dad told me about how the gas-operated vehicles would turn into fireballs if they took a hit to the engine...Scary stuff."

PostSubject: Re: A close encounter of a Normal Day...or Something. I dunno   Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:35 am

"My Oldsmobile took a bit to the engine once. Probably not as strong as YOU'RE talking about, but I mean... I mended it and it worked out great!"

Admin

PostSubject: Re: A close encounter of a Normal Day...or Something. I dunno   Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:07 pm

He looked up from his tinkering. "I should certainly hope your car isn't getting shot at by tanks." the fox joked. "...Then again, we live in some strange times. What happened, exactly?"

PostSubject: Re: A close encounter of a Normal Day...or Something. I dunno   Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:32 pm

"Eh, coolant loss. I didn't realize it until I drove another 42 miles."

Admin

PostSubject: Re: A close encounter of a Normal Day...or Something. I dunno   Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:04 am

"Oh, yikes. Heat damage is never good." he finished his work on the fuel pump and sat back into the commander's station, scratching his chin. "Maybe that did it...guess we'll find out in a moment."

PostSubject: Re: A close encounter of a Normal Day...or Something. I dunno   Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:09 am

"Yup, hopefully it isn't heat damage." He crossed his legs and waited

Admin

PostSubject: Re: A close encounter of a Normal Day...or Something. I dunno   Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:42 am

After a hopeful sigh, the fox leapt up from his seat and climbed out of the commander's hatch, hopping down onto the hull and into the driver's compartment. His voice echoed up into the fighting compartment. "Cross your fingers!"

PostSubject: Re: A close encounter of a Normal Day...or Something. I dunno   Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:12 pm

"Gotcha Sky!" he crossed his fingers, and hoped for the best

Admin

PostSubject: Re: A close encounter of a Normal Day...or Something. I dunno   Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:35 pm

He flipped on the main power control and engaged the starter motor. The engine spent a few moments turning over before finally igniting, causing the vehicle to grumble and shudder to life. Skylar peered up through the hull into the turret, struggling to see past the hydraulic lines in the flickering light. "Everything okay back there? Nothing on fire?"

PostSubject: Re: A close encounter of a Normal Day...or Something. I dunno   Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:40 am

"I...think so, I ain't dead yet so...yeah we're good!" He cheered, bonking his head on some metal

Admin

PostSubject: Re: A close encounter of a Normal Day...or Something. I dunno   Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:25 am

"Heheh, yeah... Watch your head up there." He revved the engine a bit, thick black smoke pouring out of the rear exhaust vents. "Well, now that we've got the big guy running, need a ride anywhere?"

PostSubject: Re: A close encounter of a Normal Day...or Something. I dunno   Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:49 pm

"Nah, I'm good~ If I need to get anywhere, my trusty Lexus is at the hillside. I coulda used my Oldsmobile, but my dad has it." He sat down

Admin

PostSubject: Re: A close encounter of a Normal Day...or Something. I dunno   Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:21 am

"Well, all right then. Guess we'll just go for a joyride. Go ahead and close the ammo rack. Should be a red switch next to the hydraulic door."

The tank lurched forward as he put it into gear and started driving. For the sake of not getting a face full of dust, he slid the driver's hatch shut and used the three periscopes instead.

"Say...You ever seen what a hundred n' five millimeter shell does to scrap metal?"

PostSubject: Re: A close encounter of a Normal Day...or Something. I dunno   Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:09 am

He flipped the red switch he was talking about and shook his head "No I have not." He smiled little "Is it fun?"

Admin

PostSubject: Re: A close encounter of a Normal Day...or Something. I dunno   Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:57 am

The fox nodded, even though it likely wasn't seen. "I'd say so, yeah. I'll take us a few clicks east and you can try it for yourself. Might get a little bumpy on the way, though...so...y'know, watch your head back there."

PostSubject: Re: A close encounter of a Normal Day...or Something. I dunno   Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:14 am

He patted his hair and nodded "Sure thing, I'll try to be careful!"

Admin

PostSubject: Re: A close encounter of a Normal Day...or Something. I dunno   Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:23 pm

It was a bit of a drive, but the vehicle eventually made its way to an abandoned scrap yard located deep within the forest. The fox brought the tank to a halt, then hopped out of the drivers hatch. "Let's see...Should be a few junk cars around here."

PostSubject: Re: A close encounter of a Normal Day...or Something. I dunno   Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:34 pm

"Cars?" his ears perked up "Lemme see!"

Admin

PostSubject: Re: A close encounter of a Normal Day...or Something. I dunno   Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:07 pm

The fox blinked a few times. "Uh huh...Though I'm starting to think you'll probably be opposed to puttin' a shell into em."

PostSubject: Re: A close encounter of a Normal Day...or Something. I dunno   

Back to top Go down

A close encounter of a Normal Day...or Something. I dunno
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next